Welcome to Polegate School Nursery
We are a dedicated group of early years practioners that are committed to creating a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment for the children in our care. We offer a variety of engaging experiences and play invitations in our indoor and outdoor areas that are centered around the interests and needs of the children.
Our free-flow approach is complimented by shared whole group experiences, directed group time and structured activities.
We respect every child’s individual learning journey and use this approach to support them across all areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage. We encourage our children to be independent and effective learners, extending and challenging their thinking and valuing their creativity, imagination and ideas.
We strive to have transparency with our parents and hold an open door policy where we provide time to talk and regular pop in and play sessions. We work hard to build honest , supportive and positive partnerships with our families and communicate in a range of ways including our ‘Dear Parents’ letters, Twitter and the children’s online learning journeys.
Useful things you need to know
- We are a school based nursery
- We are term time only, we are open the same days as Polegate School
- We provide childcare for 2-4year olds
Session times and current fee structure
Our Session times and current fee structure is as follows:
Morning Session 9am-12pm
You child will need to come to nursery with a healthy packed lunch.
The children can also have a hot school lunch for an additional cost.
|£3 (not covered by funding)|
|Afternoon Session 12.30pm-3.30pm||£15.00|
The term after your child turns 3 they are entitled to 15 hours free funding, equivalent of 5 sessions.
We also accept 2 year funding and 30 hours funding.
|Extended Hours - Currently not covered by funding||Cost|
|Early morning drop off - 8 am drop off||£6.00|
|Early morning drop off - 8.30 am drop off||£3.00|
|Later pick up - 4 pm pick up||£3.00|
Invoices are sent out the beginning of each month and need to be paid within 7 days. Any questions please contact Sue Priddle from school finance via the school or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We accept new children in September, January and April.
- 2 year olds are able to stay with us for a morning or afternoon session. We request that they are with us more than one session a week.
- The term after your child turns 3 they can stay for lunch / all day.
- You can also change your child’s hours ready for September, January and April. We will do our best to meet your requests but be advised you need to let us know as far in advance as possible. We suggest a minimum of a month. If we can meet your request you will then be charged a £10 admin fee
- Any enquires please email nursery on email@example.com or ring Polegate School on 01323 482404 Ext 4.
“A main strength of the nursery is the attentiveness of the staff and how much time, emotion and care they invest in each child and their family.”
Observation made by Outside Advisor
“Outstanding skills of interacting with the children, exceedingly effective and well-honed relationships which means the children feel particularly safe and nurtured.”