Welcome to Polegate School Nursery
We are a dedicated group of early years practioners that are committed to creating a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment for the children in our care. We offer a variety of engaging experiences and play invitations in our indoor and outdoor areas that are centered around the interests and needs of the children.
Our free-flow approach is complimented by shared whole group experiences, directed group time and structured activities.
We respect every child’s individual learning journey and use this approach to support them across all areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage. We encourage our children to be independent and effective learners, extending and challenging their thinking and valuing their creativity, imagination and ideas.
We strive to have transparency with our parents and hold an open door policy where we provide time to talk and regular pop in and play sessions. We work hard to build honest , supportive and positive partnerships with our families and communicate in a range of ways including our ‘Dear Parents’ letters, Twitter and the children’s online learning journeys.
Useful things you need to know
- We are a school based nursery
- We are term time only, we are open the same days as Polegate School
- We provide childcare for 2-4year olds
Session times and current fee structure
Our Session times and current fee structure is as follows:
Morning Session 8.45am-11.45pm
|£16.50 (£5.50 per hour)|
|Lunchtime 11.45pm-12.15pm*||£4 (not covered by funding)|
|Afternoon Session 12.15pm-3.15pm||£16.50 (£5 .50 per hour)|
*Please note lunchtime sessions only available to those staying all day.
|Extended Hours - (not covered by funding)||Cost|
|Breakfast club- 7.45am drop off - to include breakfast and 1 hours care||£6.00|
|Breakfast club - 8.15am drop off- breakfast not included 30 mins care||£3.00|
Please note breakfast club is only available for children the term after they turn 3.
The term after your child turns 3 they are entitled to 15 hours free funding, equivalent of 5 sessions.
We also accept 2 year funding and 30 hours funding.
Invoices are sent out at the beginning of each month and need to be paid within7 days, otherwise late fees may apply.
Any enquiries please email the Nursery at email@example.com or ring Polegate School on 01323 482404 Ext 5
- We accept new children from September, January and April where possible.
- 2 year olds are able to stay with us for morning or afternoon sessions. We request that they are with us more than one session a week.
- The term after your child turns 3 they can stay for lunch/all day if pre booked.
- If you need to change your child’s hours we will do our best to meet your request but be advised you need to let us know as far in advance as possible for a January or April change. If we can meet your request you will then be charged a £10 admin fee.
“A main strength of the nursery is the attentiveness of the staff and how much time, emotion and care they invest in each child and their family.”
Observation made by Outside Advisor
“Outstanding skills of interacting with the children, exceedingly effective and well-honed relationships which means the children feel particularly safe and nurtured.”